Corian Worktops | A Buying Guideline
Conceptualized and invented by DuPont almost 40 years ago, Corian is a solid surfacing material that comes blessed with beauty, strength and versatility built in its very nature. It offers extraordinary design flexibility and comes in over 100 distinct colours making the building solution the choice of designers and architects when it comes to joining fabrications and structures in a way that creates inconspicuous seams. Corian is a sleek, hygienic and non-porous surface and if that did not ring a bell with you yet then perhaps having me spell things out for you would be good. Because of the amazing characteristics of this miracle of science, Corian makes the ideal material for kitchen worktops and worktops in general, whether in the healthcare industry or in retail. Over the last 40 years, Corian has evolved a lot and these days, the material is being used in many exciting ways, as you will come to see a little later on in this buying guideline.
Corian worktops - Residential literature
In the fast-paced world of today, more than anything, people go for functionality. Kitchens made with Corian complete with Corian worktops are just that, functional, hygienic and durable inspiring confidence and trust. If you think about it, a kitchen is just space, space filled with things. To transform a kitchen into a place with a life of its own, you need to add to the space we mentioned above your imagination. This can be surprisingly easy with Corian. Corian worktops feel luxurious and because as a surfacing material, Corian can be sculpted and sandblast, the worktops can be given any shape you want. With Corian, you can let loose your imagination. Anything your mind can think of, Corian can make it happen. Over the last 40 years, thousands of people have discovered the delights of Corian and Corian worktops. If you haven't yet then now is your time. Don?t miss out on this absolute miracle of science.
Corian worktops - Commercial literature
Of the many commercial applications of Corian worktops, perhaps Corian in hotels is the most significant one. Worldwide, thousand of hotels use Corian worktops to blend technology with tradition, combining the charm of yesterday with the demands of the modern world. As you already know, most hotels offer a relatively wide range of services, from restaurants and bars to fitness centers and swimming pools. A few of them even have boutiques and hair salons, all designed to fulfill customers' every wish. Corian worktops are used in hotels to offer comfort in every way. Totally solid and durable while being resistant to stains and mildew, Corian is made of natural minerals and has aesthetic and functional qualities that are particularly appreciated in the hotel sector. Corian worktops are also extensively used in the healthcare industry and the reason for this is not very different from what we saw above. Because of its many qualities, Corian worktops are the obvious solutions for today's challenges in the healthcare sector. When it comes to helping the prevention of the spread of infection, surface matters and Corian worktops offer an unprecedented level of hygiene and protection.
Why should you invest in Corian?
1. Corian worktops redefine creativity and boost elegance. Unconventional but yet practical, Corian worktops offer a balance of beauty and functionality absent in the other contemporary surfacing technologies out there.
2. Corian opens a rather wide window of opportunity for designers and architects to come up with unique fabrications. Because as a surfacing material, Corian is so malleable and versatile, the material can be manipulated in perhaps hundreds of ways making it perfect for people with creative minds.
3. Corian worktops are functional. They are hygienic, durable and practical and they inspire and reflect confidence and reliability. There is nothing more personal in this world than a home and what you choose to make of your home is up to you. A home can be a box of stuff or it can be a warm and welcoming place.
4. Corian worktops tend to be durable and often, they can be designed for use outdoor as well as indoor. As a matter of fact, quite a few of the Corian worktops out there are designed to be mobile.
5. Colour is also something to consider when discussing the benefits of investing in Corian worktops. As we mentioned above, Corian is a surfacing material that comes in approximately 100 different colours.
6. Corian worktops are not difficult to maintain. The material is known to be resistant to stains and moisture. It also exhibits a feeling of warmth making Corian an ideal material for worktops whether in the home or in a more commercial setting.
7. Manipulating colour, texture and shape is central to creating an appealing sensory ensemble. Being non-porous, non-toxic, resistant and repairable, Corian worktops are very practical for areas where food is handled on a regular basis.
Corian worktops - Care and maintenance
In terms of everyday cleaning, although liquids cannot penetrate Corian worktops, it is recommended that you wipe up spills as soon as they occur. To clean Corian worktops, use a damp microfiber cloth with a standard household kitchen spray, such as Mr.Muscle. Always clean using a circular motion. The above is true for all of the common household spills, such as vinegar, coffee, tea, ketchup, red wine and vegetable spills.
If you live in a hard water area, then it is highly likely that at some point or another, you will experience problems with stain removal. For Corian worktops, apply Viakal gel over the area and leave to rest for 2-4 minutes. You can then use a damp cloth over the area.
If you happen to develop a stubborn stain, apply a small amount of Bar Keepers Friend over the stain. Using a damp microfiber cloth, clean using a circular motion. Rinse off afterwards.
How to protect a Corian worktop
Corian worktops should be protected from heat using a heat protection pad or trivet. Never directly put hot pans on Corian structures. Heat has the ability to damage the surfacing material. Never use your Corian worktop as a chopping board. You might also want to keep away from the material heavily pigmented colours. Accidental spills of strong chemicals such as oven cleaners, acid drain cleaners and acetone chemicals should be flushed promptly with plenty of soapy water to avoid damaging your worktop.